Monday, May 25, 2009

Smorgasbord:

I'm back from Taipei and I am ecstatic that I went. I had a great time and took a lot of snazzy snaps with the ol' Nikon. 

In other news, Korea is really racking up the news links on CNN. Between the former President committing suicide, another missile test in North Korea, tons of protests here in Seoul, and 30+ ENGLISH teachers being quarantined because of swine flu--- I just do not know what to think! 

I will say that if I came over to teach English here in Korea and I were quarantined only after a week, that would be the "end all be all" for me. I'd definitely be on a plane home after being in a white, four wall room for 7+ days. It's interesting how they've publicly released some of the teacher's blogs. I like how they retell their own side of the story leading up to the actual quarantine. What they assumed was merely a random check up as a precautionary measure, turned into something much larger.  The sad thing is that most of these people are innocent bystanders that were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. 

Read more here (It's definitely worth it): http://therubycanary.wordpress.com/ 

More to come later. 

1 comment:

sarah said...

you are alive!

want to see pictures, dude!

ps ahahahaha kim jong is such a tosser with a huge mid life crisis.