Sunday, October 05, 2008

3 days bliss.

Overall, it was quite a successful 3 day weekend. I did mostly everything that I planned to do.

Thursday night after work I introduced Sarah to Dos Tacos. My favorite Mexican place here in Seoul. The burritos are scrumptious, and the prices aren't too bad either!

Friday we had off from work. It was Foundation Day here in Seoul, which commemorates the day that Korea actually became a country. Don't get it confused with Liberation Day (which was the day that Korea became free from Japanese rule). Anyways, I met JH for a quick lunch and we went to the movies. We saw "Deception" which was actually a lot better than I thought it was going to be. I recommend it, so if it's out in the states you should go and see it. After that, I ended up going home with a brand new ipod classic- it's the new 120 GB edition. Score, now I can upload and watch all my favorite tv shows on my ipod.

Friday night I met up with Jen for the Seoul Drum Festival. It was a lot of fun. Jen went early, so we got to sit in the front row. There were bands from 9 different countries there on Friday. The weather was perfect too. It was a clear night, with cool winds.



Saturday I attempted to sleep in, like most weekends, but failed. I met up with Jen in Hondae and we found Au Bon Pain. I've been trying to go there for months now, and I finally made it. It's almost good as the ones I've eaten at in the states.... I was pleased overall.





After lunch and lots of conversation about life, work, etc. we headed up and down the streets of Hondae. For those of you not in Seoul, Hondae is the area in Seoul where the major Liberal Arts University is. It's heavily influenced by music, art, and dance. It's a great place. We stumbled upon a street exhibit, and visited our favorite outside craft sale. We even were able to make our own candles!



Today, was a total day of relaxation. I watched a few movies, went for a walk, did my grocery shopping, cleaned, and read. I've about 200 pages deep in "Twilight". I was reading most of the night, and before I knew it - it went from 8 pm to 12 am!

Off to read a bit more, and then sleep! It's going to be a long week, I can already feel it!

No comments: