Sunday, October 07, 2007

weekend bliss!

I love the weekends, and my new sliding cell phone (picture to come soon).

I didn't do a lot this weekend since I stayed in on Friday night, but Saturday I went to Seoul Grand Park with a few of my new friends. The day started at 9:30 am, and finished at 3:30 am when I got home. Eek!

Seoul Grand Park was beautiful, especially since all the trees are finally beginning to change colors! Autumn is finally approaching! The Park in general is a massive zoo built on a mountain. We hiked up the entire thing and saw everything, and then took the cable car back down to the bottom. That was an awesome way to end the day.

After the zoo, we journeyed to the food festival in Itaewon. Where I indulged on some Turkish Kabobs. Yum! After the festival, we obviously drank the rest of the night away. I even poll danced. ha.

Today, I went to Yongsan with Holly for lunch and shopping. There I got my cell phone with cost me 130,000 won. So, about $150 US dollars. I'm sure it'll be worth it in the long run, but it was a big ouch for my weekly budget!

I'm going to post a few photos from the weekend. But, I want to add some things to my random observations list that I started when I first arrived.

1. You NEVER have to tip in Korea. Even if you try to tip, the Koreans will turn it away. This applies everywhere- bars, restaurants, taxi drivers.

2. Crap, I had like three things I wanted to write here...... Obviously I need to carry around a pen and paper so I can write down my random thoughts to put onto my blog at a later time. Hmph!


Me holding a snake at Seoul Grand Park- my first time!


At Seoul Grand Park, like I said, Autumn is approaching!


My new best friends, I fell in love with them. boo that I couldn't keep them!

3 comments:

GuacAttac said...

Nice pictures! I also loved your blog about the K1-fighter with pictures... that is a HILARIOUS story. Sounds like things are really fun there... going to a zoo in the mountainside... all in a day of RK's life. LOL

GuacAttac said...

Nice pictures! I also loved your blog about the K1-fighter with pictures... that is a HILARIOUS story. Sounds like things are really fun there... going to a zoo in the mountainside... all in a day of RK's life. LOL

GuacAttac said...

ok i love how it posted twice... i must have REALLY meant it.