Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Chuseok!

Annyung Hasseyo! (For those who don't understand, that's "hello" in Korean)

Besides that fact that my vacation started out with me being extremely under the weather, it's still proven to be a fun 4 days, and I still have tomorrow!

I'm too tired to write everything I've done, but I will post some pictures after I get some sleep! However, I wanted to write about my delightful experience on the subway home tonight! So, my friend Ashley and I were coming back from Lotte World (Asia's version of Disney World) and of course we were being silly and laughing because that is how we are- well this Korean boy and girl (both 20) kept laughing and giggling too. At first, I was under the impression that maybe they both spoke English and could understand the foolish things that were coming out of our mouth.... Anyways, I got to the stop where I had to transfer to go home, and they asked me in their broken English where I was headed, so of course I told them. Just so happens that they were going in the same direction. Anyways, they continued to ask me questions using the little English that they knew (For Example, where I was from, how old I was, etc.) After a few minutes they both wanted my phone number and email address and invited me out to lunch with them this weekend. Of course I thought to myself that them emailing me may be quite a challenge, but I agreed and gave them the information. Following this, they asked if I had a girlfriend, and of course I definitely don't have one of those- so I said "no". The girl (whose Korean name I do not remember) was like, "yessss!" and she became extremely excited. Her male friend basically asked if I wanted her to be my girlfriend. I kinda just shrugged and laughed it off. Either way, it'll be interesting to see if they email me! ha!

So, back to some random observations. I decided that I am not a huge fan of Canadian people in Korea- they never say "hi" and just really are stand-off-ish around Americans. Also, I really am curious why I see so many males from Pakistan and India. I'm curious why they come to South Korea, but I'm going to assume maybe for the beautiful Korean women?

Ah. South Korea. Expect the unexpected, ah?

More to come.....

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Disney World?? oo la la!