Friday, September 21, 2007

Chuseok Vacation!

It's 9 pm on Friday night and I am officially on Chuseok vacation until the 27th. Yesss! No kids, no germs, and no school for almost a week! My boss gave us really nice Chuseok gifts though (I'll attach a picture below)- full of tooth pastes, soaps, shampoo, etc. etc.

Not much to report on, other than I've been battling a fever the past few days, but I finally found my way to a Korean pharmacy and got some drugs, so I'm hoping that they help!

I need to update my random observations list that I started before! If you ever come to Asia, make sure to pack a pair of "converse" --- basically you're pretty not cool if you're not rocking your yellow or green converse or your puma mesh pants. Also, never blow your nose at the table of a restaurant- this is supposedly quite rude, however, Asians LOVE to spread their germs as they NEVER EVER cover their mouths!

Some parts of South Korea really smell. You'll be walking down the street and you'll come across a horrid odor. Since I haven't been feeling well, I covered my nose, and I'm pretty sure this lady told me to "fuck off". Eek!

In addition, never try to use an ATM. Obviously it's all in Korean. You may want to only take 30 dollars out, and chances are you'll probably withdraw 300! It's quite a difficult system!

So my Chuseok plans involve me going to stay with my friend Ashley in Seoul. We both have a list of things that we want to do and see! I'm hoping for good weather, and that the money I have left lasts until the 5th of October when I get my first pay check. Can you believe that I've been here almost 5 weeks and I've yet to get paid. It's quite SAD!!!

Anyways, I may be MIA for a few days because of Chuseok, but expect a lengthy blog when I return full of pictures!

To my lovers that are on their way to Memphis! Have an awesome time, and have a beer for me!

No comments: