Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Things Change.

Almost 5 years ago, on my 21st birthday, my parents mailed me a case of bud light to the house I was living at in Decatur while a University student. Then, I thought that Bud Light was the single, greatest beer that ever existed. It was my beer of choice at all social gatherings, events, etc.

After I graduated and started working, I discovered my love for blue moon, wheat ales, and any type of micro brew out there. I guess I became a beer snob, and Bud Light became a beer of "my" past. I didn't even give it a second thought when I would run to the store after work to buy a six pack or when I'd ordered a beer to go with my tacos at Mi Pueb. Bud Light just didn't do it for me anymore.

Last night, in an attempt to have a drink but not leave my house, I cracked open a Bud Light that was left over from my dad's visit in April. My first impression after taking a large gulp a few years later, YUCK! How did I ever drink this stuff? That probably sounds ridiculous, but I didn't even finish the can and half of it went down the sink.

It's weird how beer can taste so different. While it has the same effect on you, wouldn't you rather drink something that tastes delicious?

I think I'll be sticking to Blue Moon and Micro brews from now on, but it was nice to dip my toes into the past just a little bit.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nevertheless, Rolex officially admonishes the practice of rolex replica customizing its watches. A position that might seem cold, but Rolex has pretty good reasons for this policy, even if it prevents some interesting opportunities. Nevertheless, Rolex can't always control what happens after people replica watches sale buy its products, and like the automotive world, the aftermarket watch customization industry can be big business. It is worth discussing Rolex's policies in regard to how it externally handles the notion of customizing their rolex replica sale products. What anyone who customizes their own Rolex or purchases one from a company like Bamford needs to rolex replica know is that Rolex will not service their watch, and that they have more-or-less voided their warranty. For that reason, Bamford itself has the capacity to professionally service your replica watches uk, but not all Rolex customizers can do so.