Friday, August 21, 2009

Seoul-Chicago

I'm about to finish my last day of work for the next two weeks. I am very happy to be heading to Chicago to see friends and family, to eat familiar foods, to find clothes at the mall that actually fit me, and to indulge on some good tasting beer.

I am, however, not looking forward to saying good-bye to Jin. He's leaving for Kazakhstan on September 4th for the next twelve months for work. When I come back to Seoul he won't be here, and my life is going to be really different.

I know that I am a strong person. I know that I will be fine. I am aware that everything happens for a reason and if it's meant to be it'll work out in the end. I don't need to be reminded that I'm strong. I'm going to be blunt, it just really sucks. No one really wants to have to say good bye to the person that they care about. It's one thing to say good bye to someone when it's not working out and you're not happy, however; that's not the case.

The best I can hope for is that things will work out, and if everything goes as planned we will see each other at Christmas.

Until then, I'm off to the airport tomorrow and then on my way to Chicago. Here's to hopefully a fabulous last night together.

No comments: