You might see the title and wonder, "What could he be missing?!" Well, I'm going to tell you: It's a WORK SPOUSE!
I came across this article that someone else posted, and immediately I decided this would make my life 100 times better. Unfortunately, I work with 15 people from around the world who I have absolutely NOTHING in common with. I have made an attempt to be friends with most, but at the end of the day, I still find myself going home to my studio apartment, eating dinner by myself, and draining my sorrows by downloading reality TV shows and reading blogs. Pathetic, right?!
Since I have yet to find a real spouse, I really want a work spouse. I think it's a necessity to make it through the work day, especially considering I spend 11+ hours at work a day, and live in a country where I do not speak the language. I'm now accepting applications!
Anyways, let's focus: 7 facts to know that you have a work spouse.
1. You depend on a particular co-worker for office supplies, snacks or aspirin.
2. There are inside jokes you and a particular co-worker share.
3. You can be bluntly honest about his or her appearance.
4. When something eventful at work happens, this is the person you go to for a de-briefing.
5. At breakfast, lunch and coffee breaks, your co-worker could order for you and vice versa.
6. You and your co-worker can finish each other's sentences.
7. Your co-worker knows just as much about your personal life as a real spouse or best friend would.