As 2008 winds down, and I begin the final stretch before heading home to the USA for the first time in 1.5 years.... I thought about 2008... and there was just one word to sum it up: ADVENTUROUS!
So, I decided to make a top 10 list of my adventures throughout the past year.
10. Rock climbing and ridge hiking on an actual mountain for the very first time!
9. Ice Fishing and bare hands fishing last January at a Winter Festival here in Korea.
8. Snorkeling in Koh Phi Phi , Thailand. The actual location of where they filmed the movie, "The Beach" staring Leonardo DiCaprio (circa, 2000)
7. Exploring the southern island of Japan and the city of Fukouka alone. Eating the freshest sushi I've ever tasted.
6. Visiting the volcanic island of Jeju-do, South Korea. Where I rode under the sea in a submarine for the first time!
5. Eating the best tapas and walking across one of the largest metropolitan cities in the world: Shanghai, China
4. BUNGEE JUMPING and White Water Rafting this past summer in Korea. I threw myself off a bridge only bound with rope around my two ankles. I didn't remember much after my face hit the water.
3. Climbing the red sand dunes in Mui Ne, Vietnam, and also riding a canoe down the Mekong Delta. Must I not forget, getting stung by a jelly fish for the very first time.
2. Attending the Paralympics in Beijing, CHINA just 2 weeks after the actual Olympic Games.
1. Climbing the Great Wall of China on my 24th BIRTHDAY!
And the 2009 travel season will start with a bang as well.... January 24th-28th I will be in Borneo, Malaysia!