Saturday, November 08, 2008

Relationships 101.

Just out of curiosity, even those of you who are not in a relationship, please respond to this.

Think of 5 words. Any five words that you think should embody the idea of a relationship between two people who supposedly love each other.

My five are below.... in no particular order.

1. TRUST
2. COMMITMENT
3. HONOR/ APPRECIATION
4. LOVE
5. COMMUNICATION (this probably being the single most important aspect of any relationship)

It's crazy how you can still be in a relationship with someone, even when these five things just do not exist. It doesn't even have to be a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship--- it could be a simple friendship. Either way. This is me, being very frustrated with life, love, and relationships.

I'm no Carrie Bradshaw, I can't write about love, even when it sucks.

2 comments:

aurora borealis said...

Well, my dear... it's hard to say. Having limited dating repetoire, my working list is rather short.

1. He shall not be psychotic, manipulative, or exhibit characteristics of a stalker or a smothering nature.

That being said, I suppose the following are additional expectations:

Respect and understanding
Trust and loyalty
A willingness to communicate
Humour

The right mix should add up to love, ideally, so I left that off my list.

~*sis*~ said...

i think your five just about sum it up. and you're right, they work with any sort of relationship. i have found this out after way too many years regarding friendships!!