Sunday, August 31, 2008

Ah, the little things...

I was thinking today, as I was trying to dry my yoga mat and bed sheets, just how much I miss having a clothes dryer. If I could get a dryer in Korea, I think I would have already purchased one.... who cares how much they cost.

Either way, it got me to thinking how much I miss home!

Even just little things are driving me crazy. So here it is, in no particular order, the things I miss in the good ol' USA.

1. My parents, and my brother and sister
2. a DRYER
3. Microwaved Popcorn
4. Deep Dish Pizza (heck- good food in general)
5. Renting movies from Blockbuster
6. Driving! (even though when I come home, I no longer have a car because my parents sold mine)
7. Jamba Juice
8. Barbeque's! My gosh!
9. Celia, Stephanie, Annie Conway, Sara, Erin, etc. (my best of friends)
10. Random phone conversations with Erin
11. BLUE MOON
12. Road trips
13. The smell of fresh laundry
14. Communicating only in English
15. Being in school :(
16. Fresh air and 4 distinct seasons. (Korea has 2 seasons: Summer and Winter)
17. Book stores... like Borders and Barnes and Noble. The book stores here are comparable, but books are REALLY expensive. 50% more than at home, at least.
18. Being able to go out and buy clothes that fit me. Even though I've lost a bunch of weight in Korea. XL shirts are still too tight, and Korean men are TALL and thin. So most pant sizes here at like 29x34 ---- seriously- who wears that!?!

I think that's enough for now. I'm going to go out and enjoy my last few hours of my weekend.

No comments: