Monday, January 15, 2007

Close look into Me, or you, or YOU.

I thought this was a very effective exercise. Write down your answers and really be honest with yourself. Keep it to yourself if you want. Or share it. Whatever you want, it’s just interesting to do.

- What makes you happy at work? Well, since I don't work... hmm. When I use to work --- freedom to make my hours, and not being treated like crap.
- What makes you happy at home? When my roommates decide to clean up after themselves and are respectful to me.
- What makes you happy with your friends and family? being comfortable enough to be myself.
- What makes you happy when you’re by yourself? Anything. If I'm alone, I'm always content. But I do enjoy hot chocolate and lit candles when its just me!
- What do you love to do? To travel. shop.
- What would you do with your life today if you weren’t afraid of failure? Move back out to DC with no money and no job and just go with the flow.
- What’s not working in your life? My location, my apt, my finances.
- What are you currently doing that prevents you from experiencing joy? Making decisions that I do not look into more. (ie - moving where I am now, living in this apartment, not having a job)
- What’s working in your life? Grad school is going well, my friendships are fine.. my relationship with my parents is wroking.
- Who’s not working in your life? (Notice the change from “what” to “who”.) --- this is simple. my roommates.... some of my classmates. HA.
- Who in your life is subtracting value from and adding misery to it? See Above.
- Can you fix any of these relationships, or should you let them go from your life? Let them go.
- What relationships are working in your life? This is repetitive. god. Friendships.
- If we were getting together one year from today, what would have to happen for you to be able to tell me that you now have more joy in your life? I'd be getting on the train in DC to go to an awesome job, after leaving my great loft apartment.
- What’s the single most important thing you’ve learned about yourself as a result of answering these questions? --- that I have a problem with the decisions I've made in my life, but I am ultimately trying to rectify this situation!!

1 comment:

To Be Announced said...

I'm stealing you're little survey exercise thing.. What happened to Celia's blog?