Sunday, September 10, 2006

The Real World.. How Real Is it?

As it is almost 3:30 am and I am still unable to fall asleep, aside from doing the massive amount of reading that I could be doing, I decided to go into some deep thought here.

This week I watched 23 episodes of Dawsons Creek- you all can laugh, that is fine. But, I have some sort of emotional connection to this show. Is it teen angst, I think not. Actually, I do not really know what I think anymore.

Anyways, I was thinking... Everyone has a favorite tv show, and everyone says that TV is not a realistic approach on life or life lessons. I want to dispute this- in a way, real life is just like it is on tv. I mean, lets take Dawsons Creek for example- these kids may have a much better vocabulary than I did at 15, but their problems just seem so real to me. As I watch this show I just constantly can relate it to my own life. Growing up next to Annie my whole life, being the kid that everyone made fun of, being the smart kid. etc. I can make a list. Its just all so real, as much as it is fake.

I think television shows should get a better rap then they really do. Maybe I sound crazy, but there is a huge level of realism that I think a lot of people look past....

I mean, as cheesy as it sounds, anyone that watches the show or did watch the show should understand me... there's a little bit of Joey Potter in all of us.

We grew up on the WB. Why knock it now?

P.S. I want to go to Chicago.. hmmm. I miss it.

No comments: