Thursday, August 05, 2010

Not so long ago...

It is crazy to think how fast the last five months have just flown by. It wasn't even that long ago that I was packing up, saying goodbyes, and making to-do lists in my final days of being a resident of Seoul, South Korea. I have lived in Seattle now for 5 months, and each day I learn something new either about my job or about life in Washington.

It is also equally crazy that my three years in Seoul still seem like a long lost memory. They went by so fast (at times) and now when I think about Korea, it always seems so long ago. It is exciting though, that as part of my job, I train new teachers who are on their way to Korea- so I always get to share my memories and thoughts with them.

I've stopped telling stories about my time there, my travels throughout Asia, and my daily life routine while working there because my friends and family are just not interested. For a long time I thought that living abroad and traveling the world was something that most people would be interested to talk about, but it seems when it comes up, that most people just don't want to hear it.

I guess what I chalk the experience up as is something that everyone has to experience for themselves. I guess if you've lived in the same house your whole life and never left the state you were born, then you probably wouldn't understand my perspective on the world anyways.

All I know is that the old blog posts, pictures, and stories need to be updated with new stories and pictures. I yearn for travel, simplicity, and culture. Now my biggest job is to figure out how to make these thoughts happen. I did it once, I can do it again, right?

No comments: