Friday, November 13, 2009
Ideal Self Project & The Bucket List
First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. - Epictetus
Sometimes I read strangers blogs, and today I came across one entitled: "Ideal Self Project", and since I've been doing a lot of thinking about my own life these days, I decided to steal her idea. I really hope that The Martini Backpacker will not mind.
Starting today I am going to work hard to become the ideal self that I have envisioned for a long time, but never quite reached.
My Ideal Self:
1. Having a full time job in the United States
2. Not living pay check to pay check
3. Debt Free
4. Being healthy - eating right, exercising, cooking more
5. Enjoying people and things around me
6. Staying positive- loving me for me
7. Reflecting on life and writing about it more
8. Volunteering and helping others on a regular basis
My Bucket List:
1. Finish my teaching contract on February 28th and MOVE on with my life
2. Buy something that will turn into an investment- condo, house, etc.
3. Visit Australia, Turkey, Egypt, Greece, Antarctica, Hawaii, and Alaska
4. Form a good relationship with my brother and teach him the values of life
I'll add more as it comes to me, and keep you updated on my progress. What's on your bucket list?