Thanksgiving is more than just turkey, mashed potatoes, and stuffing. It's a time that we actually slow down our hectic lives and give thanks to the ones we love. We share good food, good times, and good laughs. Even if you can't spend the actual day with your family, your own traditions still live on, and at the end of the day they are still on your mind and in your hearts.
This year I have a lot to be thankful for:
1. As always, I am thankful to have a loving and supportive family who have never stood in my way when it came to finding myself. They have pushed me to be the best person I could be, and I am forever grateful.
2. I am extremely thankful for the independence I have gained living abroad for the past two years. It has helped me to see that there is so much more to life than I ever thought was imaginable. It has helped me to grow and find myself.
3. I am thankful for the people who I have met here in Korea that have made this experience special in many ways and for always watching out for me.
4. I am thankful that I have had the chance to see some amazing places, learn about cultures I never knew about before, and eat traditional foods from all around the world that would have scared me two years ago.
5. I am thankful and excited for the future and the endless opportunities that I now know exist.