It seems like anytime I plan a trip, something goes wrong. Either the weather calls for a 100 percent chance of thunderstorms for every day that I'll be in that city, or there is a terrible plane wreck the day before somewhere in the world, or I get sick! This time around, it's the later.
On Monday I woke up with a very sore throat. I didn't think much of it, thinking that perhaps I got a cold from sleeping with my windows open. I took some dayquil and went to work. Tuesday morning I woke up and could hardly swallow. I felt like I was going to die, but went to work anyways. Half way through the day, I was burning up. After spending my 40 minute lunch break asleep in my bed at home, I decided to use my prep time to go to the doctor. I didn't even have my mouth open for 2 seconds, when he was like, "Ray, you definitely have tonsillitis". Maybe it was the white pus sacks that gave it away, ah? Either way, he gave me a nice injection in my bum to relieve the pain and prescribed a three day prescription. I was told to come back on Friday to determine my fate.
So it is now Thursday. I currently do not have a fever (although I did have a slight one last night before bed) but I do still have pus sacks on my tonsils and I still cannot swallow solid foods. I have to get on a plane at 9 am on Saturday morning for Taipei. The question of the day is- Do I go? Obviously there is a chance I might feel better come Saturday morning, but what if I don't? While I can still play tourist with a sore throat, what are the chances that I might get quarantined at the airport? I just do not want to spend my weekend in the Taipei airport because they are still doing screening for the swine flu.
Part of me wants to go regardless. If I can get through customs, at least I'll be out of Seoul (which is the whole point of the trip). If I have to spend the weekend in a hotel bed, that is better than nothing!
That's my rant for today. What do you guys think? Sink or swim?