Friday, September 07, 2007

Only the strong survive?!?

Honestly, I'm not quite sure if I'm strong enough mentally or physically to teach little kids. This week was my first full week of teaching, and I've already caught the kids germs and am sicker than sick can be. Fever, coughing, sore throat, stuffy nose. It's really really hard to teach screaming children when you are under the weather like this!!!! They surely know how to push every single one of your buttons- even the ones that may not have been pushed before.

In other news, I discovered tonight that Pizza Hut is more expensive here in Korea than it is in America. However, it's probably the only pizza in Korea that ACTUALLY tastes like American pizza and does not have CORN on it!

Also, I've come to the conclusion that beef, all types of dairy, vegetables, and fruits are incredibly costly here in SoKo.

EVERYONE and their mother smokes cigarettes here- I'm not sure if I'm mentioned that before. Woman hold hands or lock arms as a sign of friendship, and finally the weather is really unpredictable here. Besides the fact that it rains a lot- one day it can be one hundred with 90 percent humidity, and the next it'll be 70 and really chilly. Weird!

Being as sick as I am, I'm not sure what this weekend has in store for me. It's 10:12 pm on Saturday, and I think I'm going to go to bed in hopes of waking up and feeling a lot better!

xox.

No comments: